Micro Python is a lean and fast implementation of the Python 3 programming language that is optimised to run on a microcontroller. The Micro Python board is a small electronic circuit board that runs Micro Python on the bare metal, and gives you a low-level Python operating system that can be used to control all kinds of electronic projects.
Micro Python was successfully funded via a Kickstarter campaign. The software is available to the public under the MIT open source license.
Further information about the project can be found at the Kickstarter pages:
- The main Kickstarter page
- Update #3 - Some example code
- Update #4 - The 3 different code emitters
- Update #5 - The 3 different code emitters, part 2
- Update #7 - Inline assembler
- Update #8 - The parser
- Update #10 - Some example code
- Update #12 - The C API in Micro Python
- Update #13 - Wi-fi
- Update #15 - Power consumption of the board
- Update #19 - Writing and running a simple script
See also the Kicktraq page for the history of the Kickstarter campaign.
Micro Python at PyCon UK 2014
Micro Python was at PyCon UK 2014. You can watch the videos of the two talks that were presented:
The Micro Python source code is available at the GitHub page.
|The Micro Python board (the pyboard) is manufactured in the UK by Jaltek Systems.|
We have organised a second run of boards with the factory! The boards are now available to purchase.